At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Pilot-1 Champ 1/8 Scale

Pilot-1 Champ 1/8 Scale

ACW800 Pilot-1 Champ 1/8 Scale ARF

52" wingspan, 32" long, 362 sq. in. wing area, 34 oz. flying weight. All laser cut built-up wood construction with true scale outline and proportions. A contemporary of the Piper Cub; the Champ was its biggest competitor and in many ways its superior. Like its full scale counterpart, the 1/8 scale Champ is a joy to fly, easy and relaxed. Shoot touch-and-go's, cruise around or do some lazy aerobatics, it's all in a day's work with the Champ. The model comes with all main components pre-built and pre-covered with all hinges pre-slotted and ready to glue. Landing gear is pre-bent and ready to install. Fiberglass cowl is pre-finished to match the color of the airplane. Complete step-by-step photo illustrated instructions assure that even a novice builder will be successful. Assembly will take about 6-8 hours. For 4-channel control: Ailerons (2 servos), Elevator, Rudder and Throttle.

For more information and to watch the video click HERE

Use this thread to discuss any and all things related to Pilot-1 Champ

Re: Pilot-1 Champ 1/8 Scale

New permanent pricing change.... Now just $129.99

Am giving some thought to converting a 1/8 scale Champ to glo or diesel power, using an .09 to .15 and reinforcing the firewall forward area to take the higher vibrational stresses. I am looking for more realistic scale speeds, not the rocket-like climb of the electric powered model in the video. With about a 38 oz. total weight, would an .09 diesel swinging a 9x5 or 9x6 prop to keep the RPM and vibration down, have sufficient power ?

Great question. I'm not familiar with the power output of diesel engines. Maybe someone on here will know the answer.

Jason Cole

I know it has been a while since there was any posting in this thread, hopefully this post will be seen.

I wanted to find out what the dimensions are for the replacement yellow covering for this plane. While I am admittedly quite disappointed in the poor quality construction on my ARF out of the box (most of which was not repairable by merely twisting and reshrinking covering) it is still a beautiful plane to look at and is in need of some patch work.

Bob

It's the same width as a normal roll of covering. Not sure of the length exactly, but it looked at least 3 or 4ft long. Hope that helps. It's more of a full roll, than just a patch piece.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I received my roll of covering today and it is a good size roll (roughly 2ft x 6.67ft). I am now wondering what the iron temperatures might be for this covering for adhering and for shrinking. Are there any instructions from the manufacturer for this?

Thanks for your time,

Bob

Hi Bob,
    Don't have any specs from them, but I've used it at a medium/high setting before (don't remember what temperature that was) and it worked well.